When Mark and I first got married, he was starting his second year of law school and I was looking for work. I had plenty of (too much?) time to settle into our Cottage and bake. That was the beginning of my love for pie making, both sweet and savory.
Not too long later, my brother gave me A Year of Pies by Ashley English. I’m ashamed to admit that I have yet to use even one of the recipes, but this year I’ve decided to bake through it. English breaks up the book by seasons and, if successful, I will be baking weekly.
- Time frame: September 1, 2015 through August 30, 2016
- Recipe count: 52 originals (plus 8 guest contributions, i.e. extra credit)
- Excited about: Apple Creme Brulee Mini Pies
- Nervous about: Moving in August/September, because it might complicate my timeline
- Disclaimers: If I work part-time at a bakery, this project may change shape. And there will be lots of Pushing Daisies in the background as I go.
Thank you, Steven, for giving me this book. I cannot wait to finally spend time in it.